Hi everyone

Guest norn iron

Guest norn iron
Hi guys, im in belfast at the moment but my wife myself and two kids are trying to emigrate to oz asap. We have family in a place called Thirlmere and also in Brisbane. Ive just finished 2 courses in welding and im hoping to find an employer to sponsor me so i can do 2 or more years training in oz and if possible find perm employment. I'd also like to do a couple of ozzy welding courses while im there. I had a company in Picton who were willing to take me on but the work dryed up and they had to reverse they're previous offer, if anyone can help or can give me any pointers it would be greatly appreciated.:biggrin:

hi

i think it is a case of trawling the job sites to see what comes up , do you look on sites like

http://www.seek.com

http://www.alljobs.com.au

both are great job sites. It is hard to secure work until you are actually here and don't be surprised to find e-mails go un-answered. Where possible ring the company and speak to them rather than e-mailing.

Good Luck

Calx

Guest norn iron

Hi, thanks for replying to me. I've been staying up late and phoning different companys but a lot of them don't like the idea because they don't know too much about me but i'm determined to get there so i won't give up easily. As i said earlier I had a company willing to employ me but they no longer have the work load to take an extra guy on so its back to the drawing board again for us.

Thanx Again Cal

Don't give up, as i said it is hard to secure work prior to arrival but you only need one company to say yes and job done ! lol

If all else fails could you afford a reccie trip for a couple of weeks and try and secure a sponser then whilst here ?

good luck with everything and hang on in there

Cal x

Guest norn iron

It sounds easy Cal lol, we've actually been talking of doing a short trip and have been doing our sums on it but it would cost around £4000. I want everything to be perfect for us when we eventually get there and i've been saving every penny so to take that amount from our savings would take another 6 months + to save again.

Thanx for the suggestions and your support, we really appreciate it.

Rab :-)

Its a lot of money isnt it ? especially when your trying to save all your funds for the move, it isnt unheard of for the guy to come alone for a week or two to try and secure a job, cant say its something myself or Gary would want to do but if it gets a sponser?????????

I would get up the white pages on line (bit like UK yellow pages) and have a late night mid week and ring any company you think may do your type of work.

Dont forget to search Ipswich, Gold Coast and Sunshine coast as they dont always show up under Brisbane.

Cal x

Guest norn iron

It is a lot of cash Cal but as you say it would be worth it if i got a sponsor, not sure my wife would be too happy about me going over for a couple of weeks either especially if i came back with a tan and no sponsor lol. But thanks again hope to speak to you soon.

Rab