midwife help?

Guest medium49

Guest medium49

hello, me and my wife are currently looking at moving to brisbane, my wife is a midwife and she has been told that we will get financial support when we move? is there any midwifes out there allready that have had this support and can help?

Thanks in advance Danny.

In what way do you mean financial support please ?

If you are granted a skilled independant visa you will be eligible for financial help from Centrelink, some hospitals also offer to cover your relocation costs.

If however you are on sponsership, you cant get financial help from Centrelink and are only entitled to basic Medicare cover.

Hope this is what you meant.

Cal x

Guest medium49

thankyou for your reply, we were told that we would be relocated at no cost to us, flights shipment of our furnature etc. we were also told that a house would be found for us rent free for three months untill we got on our feet? if any of this is true do you know where i can find out all the details or who to contact to find out more?

thanks in advance Danny.

There are different contacts for each hospital. You should be given all the details when you accept the job. What you have heard is very similar to what happened to a family i know, they had to source and pay for relocation, shipping and temp accommodation though then the hospital reimbursed them . As is said i think it vary's slightly on hospital to hospital so you are best speaking to them direct and getting the offre in writing really.

Hope this helps

Cal x

• 1 month later...

Hi, Hospital I am going to in March on a sponsored visa and they are reinbursing us our costs upto $15000 (£7500) but I am obliged to work for them for 2 years if I wish to leave before that time I have to pay back a percentage of what they paid to me.

Hope that helps.