Dog quarantine

Guest jaba

does anybody know if and where the quarantine station is in Brisbane.

We have a little pooch that we just can't leave in England.

Apprciate any help

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hantsfamily1

The nearest station is Eastern Creek in Sydney.

I am researching companies at the moment to transport our dog.

Looks like its going to cost a lot more than I hoped.

Maybe as much as £3200 including Aussie fees and vets.

• 1 year later...
Guest WelshDebzs
does anybody know if and where the quarantine station is in Brisbane.

We have a little pooch that we just can't leave in England.

Apprciate any help

Hey There

Yep Sydney is closest :err: you can either fly them up to Brisbane dogtainers.au I have heard bad reviews about jetset.au or its a 12hrs drive to pick them up. We have decided to drive down and stop over on the way I dont fancy putting our dog back on another plane and I want to be there to meet him....how soft am I :laugh:

Debzsx

Guest jbro31

Hi there, we have been looking into this too for our 2 GSD's, so far it seems we think we are unable to do it ourselves as the airline won't touch you unless you have some export licence - this has come from the airlines which I don't understand because if we can manage to complete our own paperwork for visa's I think we are more than capable for sorting out our pets! Has anyone any experience in this area or know more please let me know. Another major expense looming...... Jx

Incidentally Jets4 pets state there is a quarantine in Brisbane which is small but airlines state the original 3 of perth, melbourne and sydney.

Guest WelshDebzs
Hi there, we have been looking into this too for our 2 GSD's, so far it seems we think we are unable to do it ourselves as the airline won't touch you unless you have some export licence - this has come from the airlines which I don't understand because if we can manage to complete our own paperwork for visa's I think we are more than capable for sorting out our pets! Has anyone any experience in this area or know more please let me know. Another major expense looming...... Jx

Incidentally Jets4 pets state there is a quarantine in Brisbane which is small but airlines state the original 3 of perth, melbourne and sydney.

Hi

Have you tried PetAir I emailed them and they we great had a reply within a day with a full quote for the dog they can do the paper work for you or you can do it and they will do the rest. We were quoted 1043 for silver or 1823 for the gold service all in thta was to mel dont know if it will be more to sydney.

I wouldnt use Jet4pets as the picked up a friends dog on the wrong day told her the flight they put the dog on then put the dog on a dif flight.

Check out the au gov site for bringing pets into the country they have all the advise there you can only use perth , mel or sydney for quarantine. http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs i

Hope this helps

Debzsx:wub: