Rockhampton - schools and where to live

Guest Gill

My husband has just been offered a job at Rockhampton hospital and so we are planning on moving there in January. We have a DD who will go into grade 1 next year. Does anyone have any advice on which suburbs we should be looking at living in or recommendations for schools.

We are currently in Melbourne and have been here 8 years after moving from the UK so no idea about QLD in general!

hi Gill although I am yet to know the best schools/places to live. I am moving to Rockhampton in a week after moving to south Australia 18 months ago from the UK. I have a 4, 6 and 9 year old so will also be looking into schools. happy to feed back anything I find out on arrival :)

lianne

Great thanks Lianne :) Good luck with the move. Would love to hear who you are using to move your belongings (if you are) and also if you are shipping your cars or driving up there. We are planning on heading up there soon to check out schools, areas etc :)