going cairns

Guest AliReZa

Guest AliReZa

hi everyone

im Alireza,

my wife and i are moving from Iran to Australia in less than a year, and our destination is cairns. I need some general info about the cairns, i would be glad if anyone could help me with it!

sorry for my bad english!!! :p

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AliReZa
Hello Alireza,

There is a lot of information! What would you like to know?

Hi Anoh

tnx for reply

i would be glad if u help me with some general info like rate of rent, daily routin living cost, job opportunities and so on. by the way i'm a cafe and restaurant manager and my wife is a medical representative.

tnx again

Rent is a difficult one as it will vary enormously on the type of accommodation eg house, unit, apartment, room. Go onto Real estate australia (qld) and look at the rental properties in Cairns and it will give you some idea. Cairns is quite spread out and you need to bear this in mind where you choose to live as probably your best opportunity for work will be around the city but you could always take on a short term let until you know where you will be working. I would think you will find work for yourself but have no idea about your wife's prospects. People in Cairns are generally helpful and will be happy to give you information if you ask. We have been here for 2 years and we still ask! You need to do some research on jobs and salaries as you need a starting point for income. Rent will be your biggest expenditure. As for the cost of living this is difficult one to define as we all have different budgets and spend accordingly. We shop around at different supermarkets and use local markets. Again ask around where the best places are to shop.

Ann

Guest AliReZa
Rent is a difficult one as it will vary enormously on the type of accommodation eg house, unit, apartment, room. Go onto Real estate australia (qld) and look at the rental properties in Cairns and it will give you some idea. Cairns is quite spread out and you need to bear this in mind where you choose to live as probably your best opportunity for work will be around the city but you could always take on a short term let until you know where you will be working. I would think you will find work for yourself but have no idea about your wife's prospects. People in Cairns are generally helpful and will be happy to give you information if you ask. We have been here for 2 years and we still ask! You need to do some research on jobs and salaries as you need a starting point for income. Rent will be your biggest expenditure. As for the cost of living this is difficult one to define as we all have different budgets and spend accordingly. We shop around at different supermarkets and use local markets. Again ask around where the best places are to shop.

Ann

Tnx again Ann for your quick & nice answers. hope to see u soon in cairns. I will ask u more questions in near future.