Visa procedure started, what are some good family areas of Queensland to live

Guest jamesmacc

Guest jamesmacc

Well I have bit the bullet, after securing a Job and relocation package to Canada I have decided to pull out, reason being my heart is set on Queensland and part of me feels I was only going for the job/money. I have never visited And only read reviews and looked at jobs/crime/house prices/climate etc. I have booked My IELTS and about to book my Mechanics skills test so I can apply for a 189 skilled residency visa.

I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of good areas to search for houses and schools in, I love the look of the sunshine coast . We have young children and 2 dogs, We live 15 mins from the beach just now and in our spare time we go for walks etc, we love the outdoors and the beach. We don't eat out much or drink.

We currently live 30 mins from the nearest town, 6 miles along a single track road to our nearest little shop, we are fairly remote. It would be nice to be in a little community with a local school and some amenities. We dont mind a decent drive to get to larger shops like furniture and clothes shops etc. I am seeing nice rental properties for around $550 per week. Once settled we will look into selling our UK property and buying in OZ

Thanks

James

Guest Tina2
Well I have bit the bullet, after securing a Job and relocation package to Canada I have decided to pull out, reason being my heart is set on Queensland and part of me feels I was only going for the job/money. I have never visited And only read reviews and looked at jobs/crime/house prices/climate etc. I have booked My IELTS and about to book my Mechanics skills test so I can apply for a 189 skilled residency visa.

I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of good areas to search for houses and schools in, I love the look of the sunshine coast . We have young children and 2 dogs, We live 15 mins from the beach just now and in our spare time we go for walks etc, we love the outdoors and the beach. We don't eat out much or drink.

We currently live 30 mins from the nearest town, 6 miles along a single track road to our nearest little shop, we are fairly remote. It would be nice to be in a little community with a local school and some amenities. We dont mind a decent drive to get to larger shops like furniture and clothes shops etc. I am seeing nice rental properties for around $550 per week. Once settled we will look into selling our UK property and buying in OZ

Thanks

James

Hi, if you like the sunshine coast have a look at Palmwoods, Buderim, Pomona. Not that far from one of the many beaches, not as busy as on the coast and good schools. A useful map is http://www.whereis.com/search-results?query=Pomona%20QLD%204568&bounds=-9.800000000000407%2C96.59999999999701%2C-43.699999999999854%2C159.00000000000298&paginationRequestPage=1