moving from Melbourne to Cairns... where to live??

Guest mhunt

My husband and I and our 2 children aged 6 & 9 are going to move from Melbourne to Cairns. I am doing research as to where best to live and what schools to attend.

TAS seems like a good fit for us but would welcome other ideas at to the best schools in Cairns and whether there's much of a difference between the two TAS campuses? As for where to live, we were thinking northern beaches, an estate near trinity park, paradise palms etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wendy New 2Cairns

Hi mhunt,

I recently went to Cairns for 3months to spend some quality time with my parents (I am 28). Mum and dad lived in Caravonica, its in the middle of Palm Cove and the CBD about 15mins from the CBD. Mum and dad knew a fair few ppl in the street and we would often catch up for a couple of afternoon drinks while the kids played in the street. I Also always felt safe going for walks at night (the only worry were the wild life) :).

Also Palm cove is a great area just a bit of a drive from town. It's great place, to live ppl are friendly and very open! Hope you find a place you like, and all the best.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...