wakerley vs fig tree pocket

Guest hardyjo

Guest hardyjo

Hi there,

we are moving from perth to brisbane in the new year and cant decide between the suburbs of wakerley and figtree pocket, as our friends and family in brisbane are recommending both. Travel times and public transport are not a factor, neither is budget, good area and good schools are a huge factor. Any advice on which area offers a better lifestyle for a family with primary aged school kids and pets? (also under consideration are kenmore and chapel hill)

thanks

Jo

Guest thejoyproject

Hi Jo

We live in Fig tree pocket and its gorgeous, I run the joy project www.thejoy-project.com along with a couple of friends and there is loads of local info on there about moving and living here and also for getting to know and meet other families when you arrive .

So take a look and let me know if we can help in any way

Sarah

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cairnswanabe

Hi Jo

We are also moving from Perth to brisbane in the New Year 2 adults 3 primary kids and 2 cats! Ive done a lot of research on schools and all are good in the western suburbs - figtree pocket, chapel hill, kenmore south, kenmore, brookfield, moggil etc. if you decide to go here. Dont know any thing about Walkerly though. I went to the western suburbs and had a look around in September - very nice, green and hilly - a stark comparison to Perth!. School wise - My school website obviously gives you the information on NAPLAN ,but if you then click on the link to go direct to the schools website you can download their annual report which will give you a more indepth view of how the schools perform. Finally I found a great website called .theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/in-depth/schools/interactive which gives comparisons across all primary schools accross all states .This will allow you to put in the current school that your kids go to in WA, s and compare it against any other school you may be interested in. Hope this helps.

Gail

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chantal Dunbar

Both are great but I would say Fig Tree is a little better. I have free suburb profiles with schools information on both areas if you would like me to share it with you (I wrote a book called Where to Live in Brisbane some years back).

Just sing out if you would like help and some local contacts.

Chantal