Eagle farm and toll gate?!!

Guest sailor

Guest sailor

Hi all,

I need your expertise as we just arrived to brisbane four days ago and can't decide which suburb we should looking at. I am working at Eagle farm, first we looked at Wynum which looks alright and for a unt of 2br,2 toilets and 1 car around $450 which lies under our budget.

We are a family of three myself, wife and 4 yrs daughter so probably an area with public shools and activities for kids.

Anyone know how is Nundah and Chermside? Thanks for all your help

Guest Keith & Linda

Working at Eagle Farm and living in Wynnum means paying tolls on the gateway bridge, so living on the north side would make more economic sense, but then the traffic on the gateway north side can be a nightmare both ways. suggest you have a drive around the suburbs nearest to Eagle farm, there are no real particular bad ones to avoid, so just go for the gut feelings you get.

good luck. Keith.

Working at Eagle Farm and living in Wynnum means paying tolls on the gateway bridge, so living on the north side would make more economic sense, but then the traffic on the gateway north side can be a nightmare both ways. suggest you have a drive around the suburbs nearest to Eagle farm, there are no real particular bad ones to avoid, so just go for the gut feelings you get.

good luck. Keith.

Thanks Keith. How about Wavell heights and Stafford?

Guest Keith & Linda

Yep they are OK but getting further away and inland so the temperatures get hotter with less of the cooling sea breezes. We live south of Wynnum/Manly in the Redland City region, I have been working around the airport for last 6 years or so and don't mind the travel (30min to eagle Farm) but work pays my tolls, otherwise on the northside I'd be more tempted with areas just south of Redcliffe.

Cheers Keith