help please, extend 6 month work limit on WHV?

Guest Ollsta

Guest Ollsta
due to my own negligence, I am in a bit of a pickle! I got offered sponsorship as a head chef through my job which I started last april when i arrived in Oz. We applied for 457 in July which was (very wrongly) refused in november and now am currently in application to the MRT. I was under the impression on application for a 457 i went onto a bridging visa, this is not the case and now I have been working with the same employer for close to a year. Im not too sure what i can do, besides keep quiet and hope for the best, but id much rather come clean and admit my ignorance to the DIAC however i don't think they will take this lightly. Do I have any other options?

Guest carlhall
Hi, I am under the impression that a bridging visa only comes into effect when your present visa expires, as for your other part of the question I would suggest seeing a migration agent and getting professional advice. An agent would give you accurate and sound advice. This is what you need in your situation. Good luck with everything.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aussie In Brisbane
My friend had the same problem. She used a migration agent here in Brisbane. Miklos Rakos at Star Migration. You would need to find the contact details. But he helped her out. Good luck with it all.