flights booked

Guest GeeGriff

Guest GeeGriff

:rofl:New to Britsinbrisbane just want to say HI to everyone.

I have just booked our flights to Brisbane flying on the 27 Aug 08 with singapore airlines.

OMG now the panic sets in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liz & Sean Griffiths :laugh:

Guest GeeGriff

:smile:hi Guys,

Not sure which area yet, been look at Redcliffe, North Lakes, Mango Hill, Banyo will look around these areas when we arrive. Any advise on these areas ?

OH Electrician, so lots to do when we first arrive got to apply ARTC and obtain info on obtaining A licence. Been applying for Jobs but nothing so far seems everyone wants that A licence first.

Shippers booked for the 27 May (John Masons) moving out back to parents for 3 months due to renting out of property.

Liz Griffiths:wub:

Guest Mark and Jo

Once the flights are booked its like.....OH MY GOD isnt it! We booked our flights as soon as we got the 457 VISA and we literally left a week later!!!!

You will have so much to do that time will fly! The only advice that I can give you is make sure that you see EVERYONE before you go! Have lots of little goodbyes so that you can have that quality time! We did lots of lunches, drinks and nights in with friends.

Once you`re here, look out for the get togethers and get yourself there.

There are a few coming out on reccys soon. KellyJamie and Sandra/Mike from PIO are out in June and are coming to meet us. Like Sandra said.........furthest they have ever gone for a barbie!

Good Luck and perhaps we will all meet up when you are here

Guest WelshDebzs
:rofl:New to Britsinbrisbane just want to say HI to everyone.

I have just booked our flights to Brisbane flying on the 27 Aug 08 with singapore airlines.

OMG now the panic sets in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liz & Sean Griffiths :laugh:

How exciting:laugh:

I bet August will be here in a flash

Good Luck

Debzsx

Opps nearly forgot to say HI:rofl:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest GeeGriff

:rofl:Hi guys,

just keeping in touch!!!!!!!!

John Masons arrive on Tuesday to pack things up, hope we have everything sorted before then, where off to watch Ricky Hatton in Manchester this weekend, should give us a chance to chill.

Then we need to start looking for a holiday let, short term rental for 3 to 4 weeks, just to give us chance to look around when we arrive.

Any advise would be helpful! and hopefully when we arrive and find our feet we will get the chance to meet up with some of you guys.

Liz & Sean Griffiths

Guest Sharon
We'll probably be getting there at the same time! - we are looking to book flights w/b 25 aug with a stop over for 3 days en route as I think the whole journey non stop would be too much for our wee boy. We are undecided between Singapore airlines and Malaysia airlines...just trying to shop out about for the best cost this week....it is nerve racking but soooo exciting.

Guest GeeGriff

Hi Sharon,

We have booked direct with Singapore airlines for the 27/08/08 from Manchester £550 each. We stopover for 3 hours in Singapore.

Exciting yes! but feel a bit like i am on a emotional rollercoaster at the moment.

looking forward to the challenge "life is not a rehearsal " :rofl:

Liz Griffiths

Guest kazleejim

Sorry to but in but if i were you Sharon i would go with Singapore. You land in the city , its got a beach and is much more child friendly. Kl is fantastic but has no beach, its an hours taxi and not many roads have pavements or any way of crossing other than to put your hand up to cars and step out.

My dad has parkinsons and we,ve been waiting for him to have a brain op which he is having soon so we are emigrating on 1st sept via singapore for 4 nights. At last , althouh nerves are killing me. i'm a joiner so just crossing fingers that work is ok

Guest Mark and Jo
We came with Air NZ and flew via the states. It was excellent- a 10.5hr flight, a 11.5 hr one and a 3.5hr one!