Moving to Cairns from Perth

Guest craigngail

Guest craigngail

Hi everyone

We are in the process of planning a move to Cairns towards the end of the year.We moved to Perth 2 years ago and prior to that we lived in Darwin for 5 years.Since living in Perth we have realized we prefer the tropics more especially to raise our 18 month son.I was just after some information on job prospects for Boilermakers/Foreman in Cairns.

Guest craigngail
Thanks that's good to know as I have some experience in this area.We are flying over to Cairns this week to get a feel for the place and then we can make some definite plans

• 2 months later...
Guest Cairnswanabe
Hi. We are in a similar situation. We have been in perth for 4 years but love Cairns and the only thing holding us back is the job uncertainty.

Guest craigngail

Hi Cairnswanabe

I have spoke to friends in Cairns and they have said that there is work in Cairns if you want to work.It might not be the perfect job to start with but once their you can look around.I have sent a few emails to various firms but I think its the type of place that you would get more response if you are already relocated.We have also been looking at Townsville seems to be a bit more work around.

• 7 months later...
Guest damon79
Finding work in Cairns can be hard for a white collar professional, but not so much for a blue collar or tradesmen. Keep your eyes peeled for jobs and you'll find something will pop up.

Guest craigngail
Thanks for the info Damon79.We are still in Perth at the moment had a few delays at this end,but we are planning on being over in Cairns in the next few months after we sell our property.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest Stephy_D

Hi Everyone,

I am very keen to relocate to Cairns from Adelaide. Does anybody have updates on how they went with their move? I'd love to hear more prior to making a move myself. My experience is in administration, customer service and retail. There don't appear to be many permanent positions available in these fields.