Dental Treatment

Guest The Fisheys

Guest The Fisheys
What do people think about the different dental system here? What are your experiences? Try to keep your replies civilised enough so I can reply, rather than retaliate!

I wish kids had regular free check ups like they could in the UK. I know there is the travelling school dental van and teenage vouchers but its not 'regular',so for kids i prefer the UK system.

My teeth are terrible, too much Coca Cola over too many years and im PETRIFIED of the dentist, once there im not to bad but i cant bring myself to make the appoitments in the first place..lol.. Ive had treatment here and the UK and there is no difference ,except its more expensive here.

Cal x

One thing that I can't get my head around is the huge difference in price. Years ago I needed a root canal. I called up 5 dentists and I had quotes between $900 and $3800. In the end I couldn't afford it to had the tooth pulled out.

Cal up here we can go to the school dentist whenever we need. Obviously they won't do any cosmetic treatments though.

Are there any dentist health funds in Queensland that are worth joining, I'm thinking of my son who needs braces soon and again we have been quoted between $6000 - $9000

In Victoria we use to have Noble Dental Plan I believe they have changed their name now http://www.smile.com.au/

Guest The Fisheys
Are there any dentist health funds in Queensland that are worth joining, I'm thinking of my son who needs braces soon and again we have been quoted between $6000 - $9000

In Victoria we use to have Noble Dental Plan I believe they have changed their name now http://www.smile.com.au/

Quick answer is definitely not!

Best way is to pay yourself. Once you introduce a third party, they add their commissions, fees, etc., to the bill you pay, then try to wriggle out of paying.

Queensland Health do employ some excellent Orthodontists, but you do need to jump through some hoops to qualify.

Most Private Orthodontists are quite happy to be paid weekly, fortnightly, or monthly.

just check their qualifications.

Then check them on http://www.ahpra.gov.au s well.

While I lived in Australia I never paid for any dental treatment as got a job for the University and worked in the Dental School - they do run dental clinics as well but obviously it will depend where you are living in Queensland.

While I lived in Australia I never paid for any dental treatment as got a job for the University and worked in the Dental School - they do run dental clinics as well but obviously it will depend where you are living in Queensland.

That's a good idea, we have a dental training hospital at JCU but I don't know how I find out how to use it or if we can.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Chatswood CBD Dental

Hi guys!

I just want to share my experience as I'm so thankful about it. Well, I had issues with my teeth. I had discoloured and misaligned teeth and wanted to fix everything asap (I needed to go somewhere and must look good ;) ). So I went to Chatswood CBD Dental thinking it was probably impossible with just a little time. But to my surprise, it is possible. They've set me up and installed dental veneers in just a few weeks plus a good price as well. I'm so happy with the results..

If you wanna know what it's all about? Then visit this site: http://www.chatswoodcbddental.com.au/

Book an appointment and see what I was talking about... They're great.

How about you guys? Any issues with your teeth? I'm sure they can help. :)

Guest JessicaG
If you guys happened to be around Sydney and looking for an affordable dentistry, try going to Sydney CBD Dentistry. They've done an amazing job when I had my dental issues fixed and to be honest, dental treatment in Sydney is quite expensive but this dentistry is the most affordable one so far. ;) Visit their website if you wanna see what services they offer. www.sydneycbddentistry.com.au

Guest Mark N
You should try Sydney Dental Veneers as well. They're the experts when it comes to dental veneers here in Sydney. They're not as expensive as other dental clinics that offers veneers. And the results are excellent, indeed they're the experts.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Roxana
Me and my family have started traveling for our dental care... We have family in Serbia and Hungary in Europe and when we visit, dentist is a must!